Benefits of an Internship with Habitat
Internships not only build resumes for college graduates, but also provide job training aimed at showcasing marketable skills. By interning at HFHSCMN, valuable real-world experience is gained with the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives. Join HFHSCMN in several socializing opportunities, increase professional portfolio capacity, and foster personal growth.
Required Skills and Qualifications for Office Interns:
Necessary skills for an office internship with Habitat include:
- Basic Computer Knowledge(MS Office)
- Social Media
- Web Design (some familiarity)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Present Professional Demeanor
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Support the Mission of Habitat
- Ability to work independently yet seek guidance from supervisors as needed
- Comfort in speaking to groups
Office Intern Clerical Duties:
All Habitat for Humanity Office Interns will complete an orientation with staff highlighting basic office operations, ReStore Donations, Homeowner Application assistance, phone etiquette, etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications for Construction Interns:
Due to the nature of construction work, specific requirements are necessary for a Construction Management Internship Position. These qualifications include:
- 18 Years of age or older
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Demonstrate success in leading and managing volunteer groups (both experienced and non)
- Support the Habitat Mission
Internship hours are flexible: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Occasional evenings or weekends for events may occur.