ReStore Operations & Marketing Manager
Habitat for Humanity of South Central Minnesota is currently seeking applications for the ReStore Director position, a newly created role within our affiliate. The ReStore Director responsibilities include but are not limited to; overseeing day-to-day operations of the Restore, management of all ReStore employees and volunteers, developing and executing a business and marketing plan, provide superior customer service, and continuing the mission of Habitat for Humanity and it’s ReStore.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Manage ReStore operations and staff
Develop and implement a business plan
Develop and implement a marketing plan
Manage Public Relations activities
Manage ReStore Operations and Staff
Continually monitor operations to maximize sales and minimize expenses
Monitor the flow of store stock and maintain a balance of merchandise on the floor
Ensure proper handling of all cash and other assets
Work with ReStore team and volunteer coordinator to plan at least one training and one appreciation event
Update volunteer procedures and job descriptions as necessary
Work with Volunteer Coordinator to increase recruitment and retention of restore volunteers
Supervise store staff to assure all policies/procedures are properly followed
Develop and implement a Business Plan
Work closely with Executive Director to develop goals for the ReStore as well as an action plan detailing how these goals will be met
Prepare an annual ReStore budget
Evaluate sales to ensure goals are being met
Generate financial reports to present at ReStore Advisory Committee meetings
Develop and implement a Marketing Plan
Develop and implement new sources of donation opportunities in order to cultivate resources and ensure product procurement
Attend networking events to develop partnerships with community leaders, businesses, and educational institutions to improve relations and to develop new contacts with regards to increased donations and increased sales
Utilize electronic sign to promote weekly sales
Conduct store promotions and feature DIY Projects to attract new customers and encourage repeat customers
Schedule dumpster diversions projects with local colleges and communities
Update website, Facebook, Twitter and other media outlets on a regular basis to keep the community up to date and excited about the ReStore
Create and send Monthly-newsletter via constant contact
Carryout monthly Marketing Calendar???
Work with ReStore staff to organize special events
Follow up with past donors to show appreciation and ensure retention
Send thank you notes to donors and investors
Hear, investigate, and determine best course of action for all customer complaints with appropriate follow-up action
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, non-profit leadership or related field
Experience in a retail sales, customer service, and public relations
Experience in business operations
Experience in Retail Marketing
Experience in managing employees or volunteers
Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, or related field
3+ years’ experience in Management setting
2+ years’ experience in Marketing or Business Management
Experience working for a non-profit organization
Email Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com
Assistant ReStore Manager
Habitat for Humanity of South Central Minnesota is currently taking applications for the ReStore Assistant Manager position. The ReStore Assistant Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to; assist day-to-day operations of the Restore, assist managing all ReStore employees and volunteers, provide superior customer service, and continuing the mission of Habitat for Humanity and the ReStore.
Reports directing to: ReStore Manager
- Direct staff in all phases of day-to-day ReStore operations, including customer relations, donation acceptance, pricing & displaying merchandise, routine maintenance, and register functions.
- Assists in managing the daily operations of the store
- Assists with donations screening and pick-ups
- Open/close the ReStore as needed.
- Supervise staff and volunteers as needed
Policy and Planning
- Participate in the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Monitor competitive merchandise market environment (pricing and practices).
- Advise on policy for sales, salvage, material acquisition, and staffing.
- Work with other staff in recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- Coordinate the training, scheduling, and supervision of volunteers.
- Understand and communicate effectively ReStore policies and procedures.
- Facilitate a positive team-oriented environment in which all staff and volunteers are given the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Reporting and Communications
- Ensure that ReStore Manager is informed on a regular basis of progress with projects & concerns.
- Attend appropriate meetings.
- Ensure that safety and accident incident reports are prepared on a timely basis.
- Regular reporting of donation activities and partnerships.
Product Acquisition- after 6 months of on the job training the assistant Manager can assist the Restore Manager part time in fostering and developing relationships with donors and participate in product procurement activities.
- Experience in a professional leadership position
- Experience preferred in sales and customer relations.
- Knowledge of and experience in inventory control systems, sales, merchandising, material salvage, and warehouse management.
- Must have solid working experience in computer operations including MS Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to provide direction in a positive and affirming manner.
- Ability to supervise volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
- Ability to organize time, thoughts and energy on the job.
- Must be able to drive company vehicles
- Knowledge of nonprofit organization, experience working with nonprofits preferred
- Experience in warehouse management and inventory control
- Experience training/ managing volunteers or temp labor in a professional setting
This position requires the ability to do one or more of the following throughout the day: stand, walk, sit, bend and reach above and below shoulder level.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
Criminal and Driving Checks
The person selected for this position is subject to criminal background and driving history checks.
Email Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org